Nursing Job Fairs
You may wish to participate in physical job fairs for nursing jobs. Whether you are participating in an online job fair or visiting one in person, these tips will help you get the most out of the experience:
Nursing Career Job Fair Tips
- Find out as much information about the job fair as you can prior to the event; try to learn which organizations will attend, if they are interviewing on site, etc.
- Dress professionally when you attend the job fair. It isn't uncommon for companies to interview on the spot.
- Make a list of the companies that are participating in the fair that you are particularly interested in visiting.
- Arrive early, because job fairs are usually crowded. Take time to walk the floor and become familiar with the job fair layout. Remember the list of companies that you are interested in so that you can find where their job fair booths are located.
- Be prepared to interview on the spot. Take time to visit our section on interview tips and questions.
- Get to know other people who are visiting the job fair so that you can exchange information about job opportunities and leads.
- Take several copies of your resume with you and circulate them to all the companies in which you are interested.
- If a company has applications available to be filled out, find a place to complete the application right away.
- Get business cards from everyone you meet at the job fair. Follow up immediately with a thank you card and/or acknowledgement of having had the opportunity to speak with them.
Last Updated: 08/20/2013